Friday, June 13, 2008

Cotton clouds

Today I was enjoying my own place the whole day, so I made myself time to organize and clean a bit the house as well as the info of my laptop which is also important.. :)

Then I was surfing on some of the best waves of the internet like this World's map (very nice looking map of the world with times and shadow of most countries), this website where you can check how parsimonious your moral framework is (I liked the final analysis) or the huge and amazing Wikipedia that we all know, and from where I've learned things like what is the Noosphere (very interesting concept) or the real name of Voltaire (aka François-Marie Arouet)...

While I was updating my Facebook account I thought of a quote I couldn't exactly remember so I was helped by the nice wikiquote to find it.. which also taught me another great quotes of bāpu (aka Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi).

Geek section:
I've changed the script I use to send SMS through skype (send_sms.py) making it ask for a confirmation after showing the # of chunks:


def print_chunking(self):
if not self.message: return
print 'Your SMS has', len(self.message.Chunks), 'chunk(s).',
answer=raw_input('Should I send it anyway? [y/n]: ')
if answer != 'Y' and answer != 'y':
print "Aborted by user."
sys.exit(0)
else:
print "Sending your message.."

2 comments:

Wendy said...

What a great apartment-it just needs a little bit of color-maybe rabid orange?

Saint said...

yes I know.. I will definitely put some colour in it, but I'm not quite sure abt that rabid-orange..!